Friday, May 30, 2008

No Love in This Club


Ok, so I didn't actually have this thought on the subway, but I had it shortly thereafter. Is it me or is Usher's "Love in the Club" a really stupid song? I mean it's catchy (I was dancing to it in front of my mirror earlier this evening), but I don't understand why Usher would write a song about having public sex and assuming his fans want to hear about it? I mean, you don't hear me writing a song about my desire to make love with my boyfriend in the subway and if I did, it's certainly not something I would brag about because we aren't in high school anymore and that's not exciting. It's gross. Public sex is gross. GROSS USHER!

2 comments:

sammy blue said...

what's next, who really wants to hear about touching mariah carey's body just because she's old? let people live. stop your persecution.

Subway Gal said...

You raise a good point, Sam. "Touch My Body" is also a really stupid song, but that's the type of self-obsessed song we've come to expect from Mariah Carey. Besides, the video is HYSTERICAL so I let it slide . . . this time.