Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween Subway Gal-Style



Happy (not really) Monday!! Is everyone fully recovered from Halloween weekend and ready to get back to work?! Me neither.

So, how was your Halloween? What did you dress up as? Call me the Halloween scrooge, but I, myself, am not much of a fan of the "holiday," but every year someone has a party, and this year was no different. I don't have the desire to go that extra mile and come up with really cool costume, so, instead, I buy, and this year my boyfriend and I were prisoners. Not very original, but I assure you we looked very good. By far, the best looking convicts I've ever seen. Not that I've seen any, except for on TV.

On the train out to the party we were headed to on Long Island, it was dead quiet. That is, until the end of the train ride when a rather loud, and, I'm assuming, very drunk man starting talking into his cell phone and kept using different variations of the sentence, "You know I respect you and your woman." For hims look and tone of voice, I had a feeling he was involved in some type of mafia work. I was thinking of saying something rude when we got off the train until he muttered something amusing about our costumes to me and my boyfriend as we got off the train and I thought, since he is being nice, why be mean? Progressive thinking on my part? I certainly think so.

The night was fun and we got to see our friends in their way-more exciting costumes, except for one friend of ours who simply threw on a ski mask or two and called himself a rapist, but I was exhausted and decided to take the 12:30 a.m. train home. I guess I must have been a bit more tipsy than I thought because I also got into a totally-unnecessary fight with my boyfriend where I started yelling like an escaped mental patient and even tested some of my cardio-kickboxing skills, leaving him with a black-and-blue on his thigh (sorry, boyfriend!). Some of you might be reading this in absolute horror right now, but for those of you who know me, this is typical Subway Gal behavior ;)

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

sammy blue said...

that was very progressive thinking on your part, but then you had to ruin it by being yourself again. poor p-dazz...on another note, how awesome was ray rice?

Subway Gal said...

Funny you should mention that, Sam because P-Dazzlin was just sayin this morning that I have to tell Sam that not only was Ray Rice great in the game, but P-D just picked him up in fantasy and he got him a lot of points. But whatever. Don't feel too bad for P-Dazz. He should know better than to mess with me, a professional cardio-kickboxer.