Friday, May 30, 2008

Have you ever wondered . . .

Have you ever wondered why no one takes advantage of the empty ad space on subways to put up their own ads? For instance, if you want to humiliate your enemy you could write, "Battina is desperate and looking for love - call 555-234-9876." Or, if you want to declare your love for someone you could right, "I love you and I know where you live. I watch you sleep at night and you look so cute. Call me and let's go on a date!" You can even use your ad as a way to dump someone and avoid the whole messy scene you might get from doing the dumping in person; "Last night was awesome, but I think our time together is done. Please give me back my favorite sweatshirt. Best of luck, Brad." Is it just me or does this seem too easy? You just draw up your own sign at home and stick it in the empty plexiglass space next to the add for CUNY schools on a slow day on the subway. Has anyone ever done this, or willing to try it out to let me know what happens??

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Umm there are those cheap copies that are put in -if you have the money to make a nice ad shouldnt you have the money to buy the space?

sammy blue said...

you leave battina alone. i loved her even if she did have anger management issues. she served up a good slice, if you know what i mean.

Anonymous said...

sam, inappropriate

sammy blue said...

lauren, you are inappropriate. "battina" was the pizzeria girl by my old job. she served up a good slice of pizza. i was actually going to comment on the quality of the salads she made me, but that could've been inappropriate.

Anonymous said...

ew.