Friday, October 10, 2008

Ode to the Coffee Cart



Happy Friday, everyone!!! We've finally made it to the end of the week with our sanity, hopefully, still intact. Congratulations.

I would like to dedicate today's post to the people who help me start my day off on a good note. Coffee cart workers.

I don't know about you, but in the morning I want a large cup of regular coffee that costs $1.25, as opposed to a desert-like coffee drink from Starbucks that costs $4, and after my initial hesitancy to buy coffee from a mobile cart in the middle of the sidewalk, I now only buy my morning coffee from coffee carts. In fact, when I left my last job, I was most upset about that I wouldn't be able to say goodbye to my coffee cart guy (because I was laid off one day and never went back), and to this day I still feel bad about leaving him without so much as a goodbye . . .

Anyway, there is one middle-aged couple who serves me my coffee every morning on the corner of 6th Ave. and 52nd St., that I particularly enjoy. We have history you see, because when I first worked at my current company about a year ago (I left, went to two other firms and then came back) they used to serve me my coffee and when I came back, they still remembered me! It was like greeting a distant relative you haven't seen in awhile. What's great about them is that they are super-friendly and the wife often compliments me, usually on how thin I am, which of course, always makes me smile because with me, flattery gets you everywhere. Anyway, what I really love about this couple is that they have my order down pat! My coffee is already done and waiting for me by the time I get to the front of the line, and you really can't beat service like that.

So, today, take a minute and thank your favorite coffee cart worker for his/her great service. And, if you don't utilized the services of a coffee cart, I highly suggest you find one today. You won't be disappointed.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my coffee cart guy got new extra large cups!

actually he's apparently had them for quite some time, i was just drinking iced coffee all summer

jxuma007 said...

Hey MOM! Look, it's me! Why are the walls so small in here?...:(