Thursday, October 23, 2008

Subway Improvements Coming Soon!!! . . . to one line only


Okay, so I guess I've been kinda lazy this week, considering I haven't posted anything new since Monday, and allllllllllll (10-15) of you loyal readers must be dying for some new material. Well, I don't have any, which is why I thought I would blog about this article I saw on Newsday's Web site today.

Apparently, the MTA installed computer screens at one Brooklyn subway station showing where the next trains are on the L line. Then, if this new technology works, more screens may be installed in other stations along the L line. How nice for the L line! But WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER LINES?!?! Why does the L get all the love while the rest of the lines suffer?

I had always heard the the L train was the worst, but then I had to ride it one day this past summer and discovered that it is actually the best. The exact reasons why escape me now because, well, it's been a few months and, stuff . . . but I do remember being really impressed and awestruck. I'm glad that efforts have been made to improve the L train, but ENOUGH ALREADY! We get it, MTA. The L train is awesome, and it's obviously your favorite, but it would be nice if some of these fancy improvements were made on other lines like the R and the V that could use some serious help.

I'm just sayin . . .


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

4 comments:

Clinton said...

The worst train line is the G. I lived on it for two years and, because of the ill-defined, on-going construction project that caused it to be partially (or sometimes entirely) shut down any time before 9am and after 5pm, I will die at least ten years sooner from commute-related stress.

Also, it wasn't uncommon to see people shooting up on the G train at 2am. And by "people" I mean "me."

Anonymous said...

you need to allot enough time to get to the bronx on a real train if ur planning on traveling anywhere on the G.

there is nothing worse than seeing people coming out of a G station, because you know you just missed it

Subway Gal said...

Yea, apparently the G train is supposed to stop at the subway station near my apt, though I've only seen it about twice in four years because it's always going through some type of construction/repair that never seems to end. The one time I took it this summer to go to Brooklyn (it was during the day so I didn't see you shooting up on the train, Clinton), it decided to end its run before it got to my stop!

P said...

Man, it's a cruel twist on the whole "grass is always greener" thing, isn't it??? It's never the line you're on that gets improved. Damn.