Saturday, October 18, 2008

Ugly Betty



So, I'm sitting here at 10:30 on Saturday night watching "Ugly Betty" on my DVR (because I'm super-cool like that) and I'm starting to wonder about Ugly Betty and why she always looks . . . the same. I mean, having worked at a fashion magazine for a few seasons, you would think she would have picked up some tips by now and started to dress better, and get a fashionable haircut, and wax her eyebrows, and get some contacts. But no. She stays exactly the same. I mean, look at Anne Hathaway in "The Devil Wears Prada." She went from a chunky, dumpy, college grad to a sexy, glamorous magazine assistant. I'm just sayin . . .

And what about her job? Ugly Betty is supposed to be the assistant to the editor of a huge fashion magazine and yet, I don't think I've ever seen her do any work.

And finally, let's give some credit to Judith Light. That woman, I think, just gets better with age. Seriously, who would have thought that Angela from, "Who's the Boss" would ever go on to get another job when that show ended? And now look at her! She's on a hit show and has made recurring guest appearances on such awesome shows as "Law and Order: SVU." I salute you, Judith Light. I hope one day to age as gracefully as you.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

sammy blue said...

um, devil wears prada taught us that it's ok and actually good to be yourself and not get changed for the job. you don't wanna lose your boyfriend, especially if he's a good chef. how many guys are gonna cook every night? how many?

Subway Gal said...

Ahhhh touche, Sam, touche. But on the other hand, you do want a boyfriend who is rich and has a six pack (i.e. the guy she slept with in Paris).