Monday, August 25, 2008

Maybe I'm just a mean girlfriend


My boyfriend is really into politics and me? Not so much. He gets all passionate when he rambles about people I've never heard of in cities I didn't know existed, and he gets really riled up when you disagree with him about something he really believes in. Which is why it's so much fun to do it. Tonight was one such night. I took a break from watching the best moments of "The Girls Next Door" in the living room to visit my boyfriend in the bedroom while he was watching the Democratic Convention, which, in my opinion is way too long. Anyhoodle, I walked in as he was watching, in awe, Michelle Obama's speech and I heard her talking about how wonderful her father was. "Why is she talking about herself when she should be talking about her husband and how a great a president he will be?" I asked my boyfriend. "I think she's just a money-seeking fame whore who is using Barack to get her 15 minutes and after his term(s) is/are up, she is going to leave him," I continued, as my boyfriend gaped at me in what I suspect was sheer horror. Inspired by his rage, I continued. "And what the hell is she (Michelle) wearing? I could have found something nicer at Wal-Mart," I said. "She's trying to appeal to the working-class white people who will think she's being uppity if she wears something too nice," my boyfriend yells at me. "Trust me, having spent time in Alabama, I know how these people think. They are crazy," my boyfriend, the expert on the views of Southerners, having spent a few years in grad school in Alabama, explained. "Well," I huffed, "I think that even a poor person would manage to find something a little nicer to wear to the Democratic Convention." At this point I was rolling on the bed in fits of giggles with tears streaming out of the corners of my eyes as my boyfriend got all red in the face and I swear, I saw smoking coming out of his ears.

It's amazing what I'll do for a good chuckle sometimes :)

BTW, toooooooootally didn't mean anything I said to my boyfriend about Michelle Obama. Obama/Biden '08!!

p.s. Read below to find out about "Thoughts On a Subway's" totally super exciting changes!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

CHARACTER ASSASSINATION

sammy blue said...

hahaha making people mad just for the fun of making them mad is so much fun.

Subway Gal said...

Right?! I totally agree, Sam!

Anonymous said...

I love people from Bama! Birmingham is my second home.