Sunday, August 24, 2008

Subway, you disappointed me today


Earlier today, me, my moms and my lil sister went out looking for some nice knockoff bags on Canal St. and had a gloooooooorious day. I got a very real-looking Coach bag and my sister got a hell of a lot more stuff than that (she is one teenage pit bull of a bargainer!) and some peanuts, and my mom and sister got to experience the subway for the first time. They occasionally read my blog (appreciate the support, family!) so they heard the horror stories and my sister was pumped for some action. She kept hoping to see a rat on the subway tracks, which is a pretty common occurrence, yet today the rats stayed in hiding. We saw some interesting characters on the subway, including an Amish family and a man with a major staring problem (though I can't really blame the man because we were quite the striking group, if I do say so myself), and my sister kept asking if I would write about any of them, but, sadly, I had to say, no. None of them were blog-worthy. Just your regular New York weirdos. At the end of the day I felt a little bit like I let my sister down. Here she was, visiting her older, cooler, sister's turf and excited at the chance to see what inspires my blogging, and, on any other day there would have been at least one or two blog-worthy items, but today - Nothing. Why you gotta be like that subway? Don't put on a show for my fam - they already knows your true colors.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jillian! Hahah thank you for including me in today's blog! I was disappointed in not finding any rats, but it's alright there's always next time.

sammy blue said...

aww poor lil one, i hope she gets smushed by a smelly person next time she's in town.