Thursday, July 3, 2008

To speak, or not to speak


As I stepped on to the R train yesterday morning on my way to work and took my place against the door at the end of the train, I noticed a former co-worker of mine seated close by. So, I did what most people would do upon noticing someone they knew. I ignored her. It's not that I don't like this girl, because I do, but I ran into her at the gym a few weeks ago and we chatted for a while and caught up on life and I didn't think there was much more for us to discuss at this point. So, rather than lose my coveted spot against the door and trade it in for a small spot to wrap my hand around on the germ-infested pole next to her while being forced to make small talk on our journey into Manhattan, I chose to ignore the situation. I felt a little bad, but in the end it really wasn't worth it. Am I wrong? What would you have done?

Song of the moment: "Apologize" by One Republic feat. Timbaland. Have I named this song already? I don't know and I really don't care because this song is awesome. It causes me to stop what I'm doing whenever it comes on and break out into my best gymnastics floor routine. Also, I've become obsessed with Timbaland ever since he start producing EVERYTHING and turning Nelly Furtado into a cooler artist and hanging with her and JT and appearing in their videos. Not to mention, Timbaland and "One Republic" made an appearance on one of my favorite soaps, "One Life to Live."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, you casually nod or something. If you both saw each other and just cold shouldered it, then that is not classy.

sammy blue said...

was she hot?

Anonymous said...

i've run into an ex on the subway more than once. it was...awkward.