Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Classless in Queens

On my way home from Brooklyn today, I was seated across from an ordinary chubby middle-aged woman who looked just like your average housewife mom who was out running some errands - brown hair tied back, no makeup and an over-sized white tee-shirt with some witty saying on it. However, it was what she was wearing below the tee-shirt that caught my attention.

This ordinary woman was wearing a skirt, a super-short denim skirt, to be exact. By the look of the hem of this skirt, I am pretty sure that she took an old, long, denim skirt from years ago and decided to cut into a shorter skirt to help beat the summer heat. But, she must have been drunk when doing so because the poor skirt looked like it was hacked in half and should have ended up in the trash instead of on a person. In public. Anyway, aside from this poor woman's utter lack of cutting and fashion skills, it was how she was sitting that caught my eye. She was sitting the way men usually do, with one leg up on the other so that the foot of one leg was resting on the thigh of the other, giving everyone a nice crotch shot. Did I mention that this woman was middle-aged? And chubby? And wearing a SKIRT? I actually did a double-take because I thought, no way would a woman in a skirt sit like that unless she was on her way to a strip club, or a busy corner. I thought, those must be shorts, or a skort, but, unfortunately, it was a skirt.

If you are reading this, Chubby middle-aged housewife mom riding on the R train this afternoon, what you pulled today was not classy. Not classy at all. If you insist on sitting in such a way that gives your fellow passengers a free peep show, for your sake and the sake of your fellow passengers, please wear pants.

xoxo,
SG

Song of the moment: "Viva La Vida" by Coldplay. Have I mentioned this one before? Who cares? I love it! It's also my new ringtone, except for when my boyfriend calls because he has his own special "Monday Night Football" ringtone.

Zemanta Pixie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yucky

thats all i have to say about that

sammy blue said...

that's nasty