Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I'm just gonna throw this out there

So um, I'm just gonna throw this out there. If you don't like it, just throw it right back. Televisions on subways. YES! You know, like televisions on airplanes. I mean, why not? How has no one thought of this before!?!? If there were a few strategically placed televisions in each subway car playing some random movie (no actual TV channels would be available for viewing because that would just cause too many fights) it would make the commute sooooo much nicer. Just think, instead of having to look up at the same awful ads to avoid making eye contact with the scary looking man sitting across from you, you would be able to focus on a movie. And, instead of me having to pick a fight with a homeless man who I swore was giving me weird looks, I'd have a movie to distract me. See!?!? It has many advantages! And, with all the fare hikes the MTA has already imposed and the others they are planning, you know they can afford it!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

if they ever stuck screens on the subway they would just use them for ads.
plus, if i wanna listen to music i don't really wanna be forced to hear a movie on in the background.
this could probably be resolved by not having sound, but this would also drive me completely insane, much like it does on a plane if i can't fall asleep but didn't feel like buying the headphones. and i'm (relatively) sane, imagine what it would do to a crazy person

sammy blue said...

i think it should be like in prison and only show PG movies. watch the Lion King or Shrek and then be inspired to have a great day at work or wherever you're going.

Anonymous said...

They should run ads on it and turn it into a moneymaker. I mean, talk about a captive audience. You can run, but you can't hide from the AXE Body Mannequin, Toucan Sam, or the 2009 lineup of GM cars and trucks.

Subway Gal said...

wishmewell - Very good point. I read on the subway and I wouldn't want to be bothered by a TV, so sound will definitely have to be turned off. It might make some people crazy, but that's a risk I'm willing to take.

Sam - PG movies like Shrek are great, but are they still great without sound?

Philliam - Always the businessman, but very good point! I'm wondering why no companies haven't already reached out to the MTA to discuss this.