Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Trolman, Glaser & Lichtman


This morning on the 7 train I glanced up and saw an ad for attorneys Trolman, Glaser & Lichtman, who don't think you should settle for less! Now, is it just me or would you never ever work with an attorney whose cheesey ad you saw plastered all over the subway? Call me crazy, but three old men, who are supposedly good attorneys and therefore should have no trouble finding clients, putting themselves in an ad in ridiculous poses for their own firm does not exactly inspire confidence. Good, in-demand lawyers should be waaaaaaaaay too busy to spend their time at a photo shoot for their ad. Right?? Either way, I don't think that I could take someone named Trolman very seriously.

However, there was one particular ad on the subway today that caught my attention. It was an ad for Be Kanye pills or something that will make you more like Kanye West. It looked like a legitimate ad, but there was no way at all that it could be. The ad directed you to visit www.bekanyenow.com for more information and, because my curiosity got the better of me, I did just that as soon as I got home today - guess the ad was effective! I thought it was pretty clever. To find out how to be more like Kanye, check out the site here!

And last, but not least, I would like to give a shout-out to the 7 train. I don't normally ride this train, but as I mentioned, I did today and I was very impressed! And, as someone who is not easily impressed by the MTA, this is a very good thing. I realized today that the 7 trains are super fast! Case in point - earlier today I had gotten off at the wrong stop, and as soon as I made the super-quick trek back to the platform so that I could get back on the next train, there was another train waiting! Amazing.

Song of the moment: "Stronger," by none other than Kanye himself.

Zemanta Pixie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

john rocker would be so pissed about your 7 train shout out.

Subway Gal said...

I had no idea who John Rocker was, so thanks for the link, wishmewell. Anyway, yikes! He sounds like quite the a-hole.

sammy blue said...

i wanna be like kanye but i don't want to look at the site. too lazy.

Subway Gal said...

Well since you are so incredibly lazy, I will tell you, Sam - it's an Absolut ad. Clever advertising? Yes. But, I was kinda disappointed after all the excitement I built up in seeing just what this Web site was, only to find out it was a vodka ad.