Friday, August 29, 2008

Only in NYC

As I was enjoying today's episode of "General Hospital" in my apartment on my DVR this afternoon, I heard lots of loud, obnoxious honking outside my window. Now, this is a typical occurrence on any normal weekday during rush hour because there's always one car on the narrow street that is double parked and causing a traffic build up. But this afternoon was different because the hoking would NOT STOP. So I peered out my window and saw what was causing all the honking - it was a good old fashioned fight over a parking spot.
Offender No. 1: Loud, overweight, balding, gay man in a brightly colored shirt. This man's white Jaguar was halfway parked in said parking spot.
Offender No. 2: Elderly woman in a non-stylish car. With a handicapped logo on her license plate. This woman's car was in front of the spot with the intention to back in.

Now, I didn't see this situation begin, but from what I could gather, both of them were going for the spot in different directions, and Jaguar was able to get his car in far enough to stake a claim in the spot. However, this woman was a feisty one and she refused to back down, even when this man came to her car window and verbally attacked her. She even had the balls to lightly hit his car once he go out of it and she was still trying to back in the spot, thereby blocking traffic.

Although I think the man should have done the chivalrous thing and given this woman the spot because she was elderly and possibly handicapped, she really should have moved at this point because she was blocking traffic and causing a scene. And distracting me from my "General Hospital" watching. I must admit though, it was quite amusing. In the end, the old chick moved and Jaguar kept the spot.

Gotta love NYC courtesy! Maybe in this case, the subway actually would have been the better choice for these people.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

sammy blue said...

that sounds just like one of the 3 seinfield episodes i actually saw from start to finish.