Monday, September 1, 2008

MEDIA ALERT: White Suit Convention in Queens


***MEDIA ALERT***
WHITE SUIT CONVENTION COMES TO REGO PARK, QUEENS

WHO: All male residents of Rego Park, Queens

WHAT: White suit convention

WHERE: Rego Park, Queens

WHEN: Apparently every Friday

WHY: I HAVE NO IDEA!!! Anyone with any information about this bizarre white suit convention, please contact me at subwaygal@live.com
**********************************************************************************

Late Friday evening, my boyfriend and I were strolling home from the movie theater in our neighborhood in Queens when we noticed a young man in an all-white suit. Odd, we thought. But then we passed another man in a white suit. And then another. WTF??, we wondered. Well, since our neighborhood is mostly populated by Eastern European Jews, my boyfriend figured it might be religious-related. Maybe, but I've got a little Jewish blood in me and I can't recall any Jewish tradition requiring all men to wear all-white suits on Fridays. But then again, I'm certainly no Jewish religion expert, so what do I know?

Anyway, I figured it might just be some big, all-white themed family party (similar to the party Diddy hosts in the Hamptons each year) that one of our neighbors was having. Either way, can my Jewish friends out there help me out and explain this white suit situation to me. And while we are on the topic, WHY WHITE SUITS??? So cliche, doncha think? I mean, I don't know about you, but there's something about seeing a man in an all-white suit that makes me want to jump up screaming, "STAYING ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE" and start strutting down the street while pointing and winking at people.

Song of the moment. Duh. "Staying Alive" by the Bee Gees.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

sammy blue said...

after trying to google white suits jewish friday queens and finding nothing, i tried white suits jewish rego park and i got....your stupid blog. you're so popular. all i got was some book about a jewish egyptian family leaving egypt called the man in the white sharkskin suit. maybe everyone's a fan of the book.

Subway Gal said...

Well, it's good to know that I'm the No. 1 source out there right now for Jewish people in white suits on Fridays in Rego Park. I guess I should find out more about the topic in case people start asking me questions. Thanks for the heads up, Sam. You always got my back.