Thursday, September 11, 2008

I just don't understand . . .

. . . those people stuck in the middle seats on subways who don't move over once one of the people next to them has gotten up. I know that sometimes it's a waste because if the train is packed, there is a damn good chance that two people will be engaged in a brawl fighting for that seat before it's previous owner is even off the subway car. But sometimes the car is pretty empty and you can move over knowing that no one else needs a seat. I was faced with one such situation on my way home this evening. This sorta-old woman, who was getting on my nerves to begin with because she was sitting with her elbows out and invading my personal space, sitting in the middle seat next to me refused to move over when the person on her other side got up. And what's worse is that the seats across from us were completely empty. She had plenty of places to go. Now, I know you're thinking, "Why the hell didn't you get up you lazy shi*t?" Well, I'll tell you why. Because I WAS THERE FIRST. I wasn't going to budge based on principle. And because I wasn't really that bothered by the woman. I was just confused as to why she wouldn't move. Anyway, don't get distracted. That is not the point of this post. The point is that she should have moved! Maybe she had a crush on me and was enjoying being so close to me while working up the courage to ask me for my number. Or maybe she was just oblivious. Probably the latter.

Song of the moment:
"After Tonight" by Justin Nozuka. Love love love this song. So good. If you haven't heard it yet, check it out!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: