Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Dear RCN,

Dear, RCN.

Let me begin by saying that I hate you. My boyfriend and I were very excited about the Ravens playing the Steelers last night on Monday Night Football. We, my boyfriend especially, have been looking forward to this game for about a week. Come game time, we sat poised in front of the TV, football food (wings, mozzarella sticks, chicken poppers - alllllllll the healthy stuff) in hand only to discover that the TV WAS NOT WORKING PROPERLY. The picture and sound were choppy causing us to miss plays and commentary. We checked other channels and discovered that this was happening on EVERY channel. I immediately called your technicians to find out what the problem was, but I never got to speak with anyone. In fact, you had me on hold for OVER AN HOUR!!!!! telling me again and again how much you appreciate my patience, which I was quickly running out of, until you finally played an automated message informing me that NY and DC customers are experiencing problems and you are working to fix them, blah blah blah. Still, I waited on the line to discuss this problem with you further and find out why in god's name you kept me on hold for so long.

However, as we headed into halftime, I realized you were never going to answer my call, so, defeated, I hung up. The TV never returned to normal and the Ravens lost. I blame this on you too.

This morning, I turned on the TV to hear what "Mike & Mike" had to say about the game on ESPN, only to discover that the TV was still not fixed!

So, after I arrived at work this morning, I called you to complain. I was issued a measly $6 + change credit for my interrupted TV service, but when I asked to be compensated for my wasted phone minutes and my wasted time on the phone last night, I was refused. I was even transfered to a manger who was RUDE and kept calling me "ma'am," though I repeatedly told him I was far from a ma'am and that he should address me as "miss." Not surprisingly, this "manager" was anything but helpful and apparently someone higher-up at RCN will call me to discuss this problem further, though I doubt that will get me anywhere.

Anyway, what I am trying to say is that if it weren't for the management of my building forcing me to use RCN, I would switch to Time Warner in a flash. Your customer service sucks, RCN, and so does your technical service for that matter. I think it's time to throw in the towel and sell-out to a bigger, and better company.

All the best,
Subway Gal

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

5 comments:

Unknown said...

With all these companies tanking why couldn't RCN be one of them - they suck!!!

sammy blue said...

you know what else sucks? besides ray rice not being as immediately as successful as matt forte and chris johnson...i just needed hines ward to get 2 more fantasy points, not a pittsburg victory, just 2 more fantasy points, a meaningless 20 yard reception, and i would be 3-1 in my fantasy league, but no. i'm 2-2 because i thought ryan grant would bounce back already and didn't go with inconsistent michael bush, who did very well. i'm sorry, what we're we talking about?

Subway Gal said...

What were we talking about indeed, Sam. You lost me after "Ray Rice." Anyway, forget him. What about Flacco? He looks so young and innocent that I get really excited when he does well. He's starting in the NFL just after graduating from a division 1A school and he's doing pretty well so far - the critics say so. And, he is only going to get better. Yayyyyyyy Baltimore. Boooooooo Steelers.

Unknown said...

Sam - you get no sympathy - i took tomy brady in the first round, ryan grant in the second and marques colston in the third - do you know how bad my team is doing?

i had santonio holmes on my bench but i would have lost anyway(i am 0-4 and looking at a potential winless season)

sammy blue said...

Patrick, I'm sorry, man. Anyone who drafted Brady definitely gets the sympathy. Grant was my 2nd rounder so I'm still hoping he bounces back sometime. Last year I think I had 2 wins so stay strong. Don't go out winless...and Subway Gal, yes, watching little bright-eyed Flacco is just precious. He's out there with all the big boys, running around, throwing the ball, his papa must be so proud.