Tuesday, September 23, 2008

An Embarrassing Confession


I've been debating whether I should do this, but I think it's time to come clean. I have something embarrassing to share with you all and I'd appreciate if, after hearing my embarrassing confession, you will keep an open mind and not judge me too harshly.

Last night, I watched the shitastic "One Tree Hill." And cried. I mean, tears streaming, nose sniffling, I went through five tissues, crying. Q died!! He was reformed!! And the cute little kid on the show adored him!! So, you get the point. It was all very sad and tragic and it moved me to tears. WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?! I'm human for chrissakes! Yes, I know the actors are terrible and the storylines are incredibly unrealistic, but they sure do know how to do tragedy on that show.

I'm sure you can appreciate how embarrassing this little confession has been and you are probably wondering why I am still watching this show, or maybe even started watching it in the first place. I don't know. I started watching it in college with my roommate and we loved it. And after I graduated, the show began to spiral downward. Especially after we were expected to believe that a bunch of 22 year olds can run their own empires, get full-time teaching jobs in a great school district, run a record company and be famous writer. And, all these super 22 year olds just happen to be friends. Were the show's writers high when creating these storylines? Who knows. But I digress. I've continued to watch this shiteous show out of a sense of loyalty. I feel bad abandoning it after I've stuck with it for this long. But, if the CW unwisely decides to pickup this show for another season, I am done.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i didn't even realize this show was still on till like a month ago.

i remember all the girls in college were really into it and there was something with gavin degraw or something like that.

of course, i'm not one to judge on television habits

sammy blue said...

i have an embarrassing confession. i sometimes tell people that you're my friend. yeah i know. bad acting, unrealistic story lines. but i guess i feel a sense of loyalty...when i started typing this i was just thinking it's embarrassing being your friend. but then i realized i could use the stuff you said in your post.

Subway Gal said...

I know I should be offended by your comments, big brother Sam, but that was pretty funny. Kudos to you.

Unknown said...

I would say this post makes me embarrassed to live with you but I am sure you could remind your readers of some of my bad habits so I won't say it :)