Sunday, July 20, 2008

Douchebags on Board


Hi, how was your weekend? Mine's been good, thanks! Friday night my man and I went out and stuffed ourselves with seafood at Red Lobster and yesterday we took the LIRR out to Long Beach to visit friends of ours. Now, don't get me wrong because I love the LIRR. Hell, as a former Long Island girl I used to rely on the LIRR for all my city travel needs. And, now that I live in Queens and my family still resides on Long Island, the LIRR provides a quick and easy (the station is about 10 blocks from where I live) way for me to travel home to see the fam. One thing I love particularly love about the LIRR is that it can usually be counted on as a place to chillax on your way home late at night after a day of partying, because at this point the train is pretty much empty. This is, until last night.

Last night, as my boyfriend and I journeyed back to Queens after our day in Long Beach, we boarded an empty train car and I read while he listened to his ipod in silence. Silence, that is, until a herd of underage teens boarded our subway car. And of course, because someone up there has a grudge against me, a group of them sat directly across from us! Briefly panicked, I looked at my boyfriend to find out if he thought we should move seats or even cars and after some thought, he shook his head no. Ok, I shouldn't be so judgmental, I thought. Maybe they are harmless and won't bother us at all. Wrong! After about 2 minutes of listening to their LOUD, vile, language and watching them jump around the car like monkeys, I couldn't take it anymore. I was either going to have a panic attack or I was going to whip out my mace and start attacking, so my boyfriend and I ran to the very back of that train car to get away from them.

The worst part of this is that the kids looked so YOUNG! I mean, I wasn't sure they were all even 18! They were obviously headed to the city, so I was thinking maybe there was some big underage club thing going on somewhere. However, my boyfriend thought that maybe they were 21 and they looked so young to us because we were getting older. HA! Highly doubtful. Besides, my boyfriend is 4 years older than me so it's actually only he who is getting old. But I digress. The point is that no matter how old these children were, they were soooo annoying that they actually made me reconsider having my mini Brangelina-like clan of 4 children. When we got off the train, the conductor was trying, in vain, to get them to calm down. I felt bad for him.

My only regret of the evening is that I didn't have my camera with me, because I think I could have persuaded them to pose for a picture and I could have sold it to Planned Parenthood for use in an ad about why you should practice safe sex.


Song of the moment:
"Flash's Theme" by Queen, from the 1980 movie "Flash Gordon." I never saw the movie - hell, I wasn't even born when it came out - but I've been obsessed with this song for the past day or two since I re-watched "Blades of Glory" for about the 10th time the other night. Have you seen the routine they do to this song? It's GLORIOUS. And the song is KICK ASS! We love this song so much that my boyfriend, a.k.a future fiance, and I have decided to make it the song that our wedding party comes out to at our wedding reception. Actually, now that I gave that piece of secret information away, DON'T STEAL THE IDEA!

No comments: