Sunday, July 13, 2008

We need air!!


Ok, so I've already discussed the need for air conditioning in EVERY subway car in the summer, but how about on the platforms?? If you commute in NYC then I don't need to tell you that they are UNBEARABLE. The other day I was in the subway station dressed up all nice in a suit for an important meeting and after about being down there for about 2-5 mins. I was already perspiring, which is disgusting and no way to show up to a meeting. Anyway, the subway finally arrived another 5-10 minutes later and I was able to cool down in the subway car in time for my meeting. However, that is not the point. The point is that there should be some type of air conditioning system in the subway tunnels. Unfortunately for us, the NYC subway system is ancient and I doubt that it's possible to even set up air conditioning down there, but there must be something the MTA can do! In fact, this is another possible use for that fare increase the MTA imposed on us! Just a thought . . .

Song of the moment: "No More Drama" by Mary J. Blige because Subway Gal has been hated on lately (see link in below post). The blogosphere is big enough for all of us, so can't we all just get along?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i had my first non a/c car of the summer this morning.

it was horrible