Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Problem with Beer Ads


On the V train this morning, I noticed some new Bud Light ads, one of which particularly caught my attention. It read, "Drinkability: Never Fills You Up." Hmmm, I thought, a beer that doesn't fill you up? This must mean that it's also low-fat/low-calories too! And just look at how good and refreshing that bottle looks all covered in ice! Mmmmmmmmm I'm thirsty . . .

Wait! Didn't I just have a Bud Light a few weeks ago? And didn't I discard it after a few sips because it's the same, kinda gross beer it's always been? Deceitful advertising!

Song of the moment: The theme song to "Growing Pains." Remember the Seavers? You're probably wondering why the hell this is the song of the moment and I will tell you why. It's because part of the song appeared on an episode of "Family Guy" that I watched the other night and it kinda just popped into my head this morning.

No comments: