Friday, July 18, 2008

Subway Sellers











It's Friday!!!! Congratulate yourself on making it through the long, boring work week!

I am going to leave you today with this thought to ponder . . .

A couple of weeks ago a friend and I were discussing people who sell things on the subway and he told me that one day on the subway he didn't buy from one particular guy because he didn't look homeless enough. I guess he only buys from people who look like they need the cash. Me? I'm an equal opportunity hater and I don't buy from anyone for a number of reasons. Let's examine them, shall we?

  1. Quality items will NEVER be found on the subway.
  2. The goods being sold, with the exception of little kids' candy for school, are prob stolen and the economy is in the crapper as it is, so let's not make it worse by purchasing stolen goods.
  3. If the goods are something functional, like batteries, which for some reason I will never understand are a big seller on the subway, they probably won't work.
  4. Food for sale. Have you noticed that the homeless, or people who look homeless but claim to work for some organization that helps the homeless, is always selling snacks or sandwiches on the subway? Who in their right mind would purchase food from a stranger, let alone a homeless stranger? They are homeless, which means they prob need the food more than I do and if they aren't willing to eat it, then why would I?
Would you buy goods on the subway? Why or why not? And, please, will someone finally explain to me why batteries are such a hot subway seller??? Have a good weekend! - SG

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how stoned am i?
and what kind of sandwich?

in all seriousness, if i had a batter powered thing and it was going to die those cheap batteries will get me home at least. but i don't really have any battery powered devices any more. occasionally i'll buy basketball or "not for a basketball team" bags of m&ms, but nothing more than that really

Subway Gal said...

Two very good points, wishmewell. However, no matter how stoned I was or even if the sandwich was my fave ever, I still don't think I could bring myself to buy one. On the other hand, I can totally see myself going for the M&Ms if I was very hungry.