Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Fashion Disaster Alert on the V train

I'm not trying to turn this into a fashion blog, but I spotted another fashion disaster this morning on the V train on my way into work that needs to be addressed.

A young Asian woman was wearing a soft, peach-colored sheer blouse, adorned with sequins, which is a problem in and of itself because you should NEVER wear sequins, but we'll save that discussion for another day; a red sweater vest over that heinous blouse; and a pair of black pin-striped pants. To complete the disastrous look, she was carrying a purple-colored bag.

Now I understand that it's not unusual to see different cultures rocking out in odd outfits, but I'm pretty sure this young lady was on her way to work and that is not an appropriate outfit to wear. In public. I'm still baffled as to what made this chick think her outfit matched and looked good. Who knows? Maybe she was going for the "fashion victim" look. . .

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: