Thursday, September 18, 2008

You Can't Have Your Subway and Eat it Too


Does that headline even make sense? I thought it did in my head, but looking at it on the screen now I'm not so sure. Hmmm. Oh well. Anyway, today my coworker told me that on her way home yesterday she grabbed a salad before getting on the subway, and once on the subway began to eat her salad. She said she thought the people next to her were pissed but she insisted that she was starving, so it was a special circumstance. She asked me my thoughts on the situation and I told her that if I saw someone eating on the subway I would most definitely be giving them evil looks. It especially pisses me off when someone brings Chinese food on the subway and it stinks up the whole car. Know what I'm talking about? It's disgusting. Anyway, I also told her that if I saw her eating on the subway I wouldn't care, and, in fact, I would be giving nasty looks to the people giving her nasty looks. Double standard? Most definitely, but I won't apologize for it. You know you would do the same thing.

So, after all this talk about eating on the subway, you ask, "Subwaygal, why do you have an 'after' photo of Jared the Subway guy attached do this post?" Well, when I typed "eating on a subway" into Google Images I got a bunch of images of this guy, and some of which were his "before" picture. I forgot what he looked like before he went on the Subway diet and he was faaaaaaaaaaat.

BTW, just saw a commercial for the season premier of "Grey's Anatomy" and it looks AMAZING!!! I am sooooooooo excited! The drama is going to be in-tense. I heard that pathetic nurse that Derek hooked up with a few times is pregnant with his child. But fear not! Shonda gave us her word already that Meredith and Derek will be together. Finally!!!

5 comments:

sammy blue said...

grey's anatomy stopped being cool...before it started. anyway, it's a lil old but did you see the subway commercial with the cute girl asking what the value meal comes with and the guys says all these things like a fat butt bla bla bla and loss of self-esteem. and the cute girl in her cute business suit is like "can i get that without the loss of self-esteem?" and the guy checks with the cookie who says something like no custom orders....that girl is cute, huh?

Bangs and a Bun said...

My vote goes for no eating on the subway - it's gross, especially when it's someone with no table manners. Actually, eating in public when you're not at a restaurant (ie, just walking down the street) is a big no no, in my opinion. Though, it is a tough call when you're starving - I personally let my stomach munch on itself until I get home.

Subway Gal said...

Sam, I don't think I ever saw that commercial and therefore do not know what the hell you are talking about it. You could be drunk for all I know and making this up because it sounds kinda ridiculous. Do you have anyone to backup your story about this "commercial"? And btw, Grey's is so not uncool.

Bangs and a Bun, I feel the same. I get hungry sometimes, but I just deal with it and wait til I get home to eat. The subways are crowded and really really unsanitary and that does not sound like the ideal eating setting to me.

modelbehavior said...

Woah I stopped watching Greys after Derek and Mer's 6,000th faux break-up, but if that nurse is pregnant with his child that'd be a reason to tune in.

modelbehavior said...

subway girl what's your email? Have a question for you. email me modelbehaviornyc@gmail.com