Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Dust in the Wind


Today was my first day back riding the subway with all the disgusting NY rush-hour commuters. I was a bit disappointed when I entered the station this morning and instead of greeting me with balloons, low-fat muffins and a large cup of iced coffee (skim milk, two sugars), the subway attendant didn't even glance up at me when I walked by. However, I did receive a nice gift of a drama-free commute to work this morning, and that is certainly something to be thankful for.

Now, on the way home? Not so peaceful. Well, for once, I won't exaggerate. It wasn't awful. It was decent. Except for this annoyingly gangly, what I assume was a teen boy, (I refused to look up from my book) who took the middle seat next to me. He sat with his long, skinny legs unnecessarily spread apart and his head in his hands looking all "I'm so exhausted from skateboarding all day." Why do I assume he was skateboarding? Because he smelled. It was gross and I was worried it would stick to me (can that actually happen???). Anyway, I was all minding my own business and squishing myself against the end of the bench because this gross young man kept bumping me with his legs and once even with his head. So unnecessary! I mean, I know this isn't a huge deal, but it never needed to happen in the first place. This kid should have been courteous and noticed his space limitations and sat accordingly; know what I'm saying?

Totally unrelated, but I'm thinking of changing the names of my kitties from Titan and Zeus to Jack Daniels and Grey Goose. One is all black and the other his grey and white. Get it? Whaddya think? I know my boyfriend (the kitties' father) will never go for this change, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

Song of the moment: "Dust in the Wind" by Will Ferrell. Yea, you heard me. Will Ferrell. Not Knasas and not The Eagles. Will Ferrell in "Old School." One of the BEST. MOVIES. EVER. You're my boy Blue!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

sammy blue said...

the smell can definitely stick to you. that is so messed up that they didn't have a proper greeting for you. a low-fat muffin would be nice.
and no, you cannot change the cats' names. you're a terrible mommy.

Subway Gal said...

Are you absolutely SURE smell can stick to you??? Ew. I think I may just have to pay to take my own private car to work everyday.

Anyway, I am so NOT a bad mommy! I spoil my kitties rotten and they loves it!

sammy blue said...

smell definitely sticks. you just don't realize it cuz your nose gets used to your new smell. but notice the people around you. they'll notice the smell...you want to rename your kitties after alcoholicinisms. that's terrible.